Beside it takes a lot of energy to run a place – not much. But we do understand the people that do have a passion for the land. A strong ethic for a dollar spent well. And, are the originals in saving the environment.
So, where does SolarCon expertise help farmers and ranchers? We know how to make a closed loop environment for power generation. How to produce renewable energy to be a partner with the power company. Or the ins-and-outs where over producing makes economic sense.
Quiz us on who can help figure out USDA loans and grants. How the tax credits and depreciation values can work together – and explain to your accountant. What is a Power Purchase Agreement (PPA)? Or how we can deliver complex types of solar and geothermal solutions for the homestead, storage bins, production barns and irrigation systems without breaking a sweat.
Why Farms Are Choosing Renewables
Farmers across the country are discovering—and profiting—from the advantages of adding renewable power. We’re actively working with ag operations in Nebraska, Iowa, Kansas and South Dakota helping them realize the benefits and savings renewables provide.
- Drastically cut monthly energy bills now. Every kilowatt-hour (kWh) your solar system produces will offset one that you would have needed to otherwise purchase from your electric company. That means more money remaining in the farm.
- Insulate yourself against rising energy costs in the future. Instead of remaining vulnerable to another raising expense, become self generating and energy independent.
- Increase the value of your property. Solar panels are a great investment into the long-term value and viability of your farm. With grants, tax incentives, and an available 5-year depreciation schedule than other farm equipment, solar equipment provide financial benefits for years to come. Think of it as an investment in the future—a brighter future for your family and your farm.
- Gain energy independence with power that pays you. Solar energy is a completely passive source of income: as long as the sun is shining, the panels are producing energy. Save money by using this free energy, and earn additional income automatically by selling excess energy to the grid.
- No change in your current system. Our grid-connected solar panels integrate into your current electrical system seamlessly so in most cases there is no need for extensive or expensive modifications. We can install panels on the roof of barns, livestock buildings, or homes. Provide ground mount solar panel farms. Trench to carry the power where needed. Or bring in equipment that is mobile to move with your crop needs.
Call us at (402) 934-7336 to talk renewable energy. SolarCon’s home office is in Omaha, Nebraska and our installation warehouse is outside of Council Bluffs, Iowa. We travel the region talking renewables.