With a lifespan nearly 50 times longer and energy use nearly 85 percent lower than incandescent bulbs, LED technology makes for an energy-efficient investment that easily justifies its higher upfront cost.
Benefits of Installing LED Lights
The primary benefit of installing LED lights in your Tampa or St. Pete business are their lifespan and efficiency. The typical lifespan of an LED light is up to 50 times longer than incandescent or CFL lights and consume up to 85 percent less energy than other lighting over the course of its life. LED lights are:
• Easily installed by a professional
• Flexible (can be installed in almost any commercial building or industrial facility)
• Directional (throwing light where it is needed most, giving you better control over your lighting, and providing more efficient optics)
• Instantly on (require no warm-up time, like fluorescent lighting)
• Safe (zero infrared radiation or UV rays and can be installed near people and materials where conventional sources could be dangerous)
LED Lighting Applications
It goes without question that LED lights are highly beneficial in any commercial application. LED lights are great for:
• Accent lighting – We can design an LED lighting system to accentuate the shape, color, and texture of your products without discoloring or fading your merchandise.
• Specialty areas – LED lights are ideal for back offices, employee break rooms, bathrooms, dressing rooms, checkout aisles, and more!
• Ambient Lighting – LED lighting is a great substitute for incandescent lights or CFL lights for general lighting purposes throughout your commercial building or industrial facility. Not only does it last longer, but it provides the proper amount of light to safely guide customers and employees through your property.
LED Lighting Benefits
REDUCED ENERGY COSTS
An LED lighting system uses 30-80% less energy than your current lighting system. According to the US Department of Energy, 20% of electricity use in typical commercial buildings comes from lighting. When you work with us to design and install an LED lighting system you’ll see a reduction in your overall electrical bill by about 5-20% or more. Energy and cost savings begin immediately upon installation.
REDUCED MAINTENANCE COSTS
An LED lighting system from SolarCon lasts 3-15 times longer than the average lighting system which means a reduction in your maintenance costs. Increased lifetime means less trips up the ladder and boom-truck to change out expired lamps and ballasts. With an anticipated operational lifetime of up to 50,000 operating hours, and LED light will provide up to 17 years of use operating 8 hours per day, up to nearly 11 years of use operating 12 hours per day and up to 6 years if you leave your lights on continuously
IMPROVED LIGHT QUALITY
Your SolarCon lighting system will contain high quality LED technology that will meet or exceed your current lighting system’s illumination levels and light quality, while also meeting or exceeding Illuminating Energy Society (“IES”) and local energy code standards. We work closely with our customers to determine the best Color Rendering Index (always > 85 CRI) and Kelvin Color Temperature (e.g. 3500K, 4000K, 4500K) combinations, while striving to deliver each space’s total light output requirements (in lumens) with the lowest input power consumption (in Watts).